The Interdisciplinary Program Major, Neuroscience Concentration is designed to prepare students for a wide spectrum of career opportunities. See our guide for some additional ideas about career options for Neuroscience majors. To help you further explore these opportunities and seek employment in a field of interest, a number of resources are provided below. These resources are monitored routinely and new items are added on an ongoing basis so please be sure to check back from time to time.
Career Services should be your first stop for all things career related. Their S.T.E.P. Model can help you plan a career. They provide tips on writing a resume or navigating successfully a job interview. Looking for a job or internship? Career Services also provides the relevant tools, particularly Hire-A-Vol, an online job and internship database available to UT students and alumni.
General Career Development and Job Hunting Sites
- AAAS Science Jobs in Neuroscience and Neurobiology
- Bio Career Center
- Bio Space
- Jobs in Biomedical Research
- National Academy of Sciences career planning guide
- Neuroscience Jobs on Careerbuilder
- NewScientist Neuroscience Jobs in United States
- Science Jobs.org
- Sloan Career Conerstone Center—Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Career Planning
- Society for Neuroscience NeuroJobs Career Center
- The Scientist Magazine—Science careers